Field Applications Engineer
The Power Field Application Engineer is responsible for promoting SiC technology to targeted customer base, providing application support from design concept through production. Must have power design experience and must be able to provide design recommendations (with relation to driver, layout, component selection, simulations, etc) to ensure customer success. This person will need excellent customer interpersonal communication skills and must be able to leverage technical knowledge/relationships to gain a competitive advantage.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to have direct impact on business, and lead company direction to achieve success/maximize results.
- Ability to work with leading edge technology enabling customer to develop new products.
- Competitive salary with uncapped earning potential.
- A collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Work with sales account manager to aggressively win designs and grow revenue.
- Qualify opportunities and determine if there is a fit for SiC power device.
- Pre-sales support to convince customer of SiC system benefits and selling SiC’s value.
- Provide post-sales support with Quality support and design optimization at customer site.
- Support the customer through the design cycle from sample, prototype, pilot, pre-production, to production with hardware debug, and possess system-level knowledge.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to support field requests with minimal factory support.
- Manage and train distribution FAEs.
- Communicate effectively with factory for technical requests.
- Provide customer feedback and application trends to Marketing for new product development.
- Own design experience as development engineer
- Set up of demo boards to verify circuits of customers in own lab
- Working knowledge of power design principles and topologies (Boost, Buck, Flyback, Full bridge LLC, Bridgeless topologies, etc)
What you need for success:
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or similar with 3-5 yrs semiconductor FAE experience or similar work in an application laboratory
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
- Ability to communicate with customer application engineers on the system-level
- Understanding of circuit design and power conversion
- PCB Layout experience and knowledge of simulation Tools LTSpice or similar
- Experience in failure debugging
- An understanding of the impact of EMI testing requirements, gate drive issues, bus bar design, parasitic, module concepts, etc
- Ability to travel frequently to customers to give onsite support (up to 50%)
- Fluent communication skills in English
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering with 5-15yrs semiconductor FAE experience.
- Experience related to customer support in high power applications (1kW-100kW, 600V to 1700V)
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top