Failure Analysis Technician
Self-motivated, hands-on technician with experience in power electronics to support failure analysis on customer returned product. This position will work within cross functional groups consisting of electrical, mechanical, optical and manufacturing to identify opportunities to drive change to increase product quality. A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver who is able to work around technical obstacles and will be adept at the implementation of practical solutions.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role is a good entry point into the engineering field
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working with engineering staff on multiple projects
- Opportunity to expand electrical knowledge, skills, and abilities
What can you do for Cree?
- Perform shipping and receiving transactions, and can facilitate the movement of material.
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions.
- Use test equipment including, but not limited to, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies.
- Document Findings with supporting details, including test data, pictures, etc.
- Work with cross functional teams, and demonstrate the troubleshooting method.
- Complete tasks in creative and effective ways with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Work across company functional organizations to drive quality improvements.
What you need for success:
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Certificate or Training in Electronics or other related technical field.
- Ability to identify manufacturing issues on finished goods.
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Excel and Word or equivalents.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while knowing when to ask for help. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a warehouse environment, and some material handling experience is required. (Forklift Operation).
- 3+ years experience in power electronic testing and troubleshooting.
- Background in LED lighting, specifically in failure analysis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demand of this job include the ability to perform all essential duties above. This includes handling product that weighs 20+ pounds repeatedly, and one occasion lifting 60+ pounds with assistance if needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top