Failure Analysis Engineer
We are seeking a Failure Analysis Engineer in the Reliability & Failure Analysis group of the Cree Power and RF business unit, supporting SiC Schottky diodes, SiC MOSFETs, SiC Power Modules, and GaN-on-SiC HEMT MMIC devices and products. This role performs physical failure analysis and writes reports in support of return merchandise authorizations (RMAs), research and development, qualification, and sustaining engineering.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
This position will give you the opportunity to work on high visibility and cutting edge technologies, collaborate with bright people, and be a part of a growing business.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
Hands-on physical/failure analysis including optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), focused ion beam (FIB), energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), infrared/hot spot thermal imaging, diamond saw mechanical cross section, polishing, milling, laser and chemical de-encapsulation, wafer probe, photoemission microscopy, and basic device electrical testing. Write RMA reports summarizing findings and root cause determination. Write engineering level reports summarizing findings for internal stakeholders. Support failure analysis laboratory maintenance, organization, upkeep and supplies.
What you need for success:
- 4 year degree in electronics, electronic engineering, physics, or related field; or equivalent
- 2 years experience in electrical component Failure Analysis
- 2 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- SEM and EDS experience operating and interpreting data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in progress and complete them on time.
- Flexibility to handle sudden changes to priorities and learn new skills in an R&D environment
- Must be a US Citizen or green card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS EE, Material Science, or Chemistry
- University lab experience or previous work experience directly related to SiC technology
- Experience testing discrete devices such as diodes, MOSFETs and HEMTs, under DC and RF conditions
- Failure analysis or fab process experience related to Power and RF applications
- Deprocessing experience related to wet and dry chemistries
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top