Facilities Technician - Wastewater
- This role will provide you experience working to support a high-tech manufacturing facility.
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on multiple projects.
- You will have opportunity to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Water or wastewater experience is a must, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge or experience in the following areas: plumbing, pump repair, plant operations and maintenance.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn.
- Perform calibrations and validations of sensors including pH and conductivity meters.
- Preferred experience given to candidates familiar with high purity water systems (RODI, EDI, UVs, TOC analyzers, and filtration).
- A minimum of 2 years (with a preference for 3-5 years) of experience as a technician performing electrical, HVAC, or mechanical maintenance.
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work in a noisy, dusty, industrial/manufacturing environment, and exposed to non-toxic fumes, gases, chemicals, grease and oils.
- Ability to work with machinery and moving parts.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles.
- Ability to work with moving vehicles, ladders, and scaffolding.
- Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces.
- Ability to properly lift/carry/push/pull/manipulate/transport up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., frequently lift up to 40 lbs., and consistently lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands, and wrists.
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing or walking over hard concrete surface.
- Exposure to recurring bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, sitting, climbing, stretching, or similar activities.
- Ability to reach at high levels.
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in the English language.
- Must have the physical strength and ability to frequently work more than 40 hours weekly.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top