The Facilities Technician position will be part of the Wolfspeed RTP Facilities Operations team located in RTP, NC. We need the right person with the right skills! Technical expertise is essential to be effective when working with us.
As part of the Facilities team, this role requires enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to "be the difference" in support of the Wolfspeed RTP operations. This is an exciting opportunity for an I&C / BMS (Building Management system) Technician to do work on the various facilities equipment, along with support of facilities projects, especially related to facility infrastructure. This role must be abundantly flexible and eager to take on broad, new and differing scopes over multiple systems, including HVAC, compressed air, bulk gases, electrical, exhaust fans, pump systems, cooling water systems, HVAC units, coils, MUA units, Chillers, Cooling towers, DIW and other needed services and utilities that "keep the plant running".
What can Cree do for you?
This role provides an awesome opportunity to shape the future of the Power and Wide-band Gap Industry by keeping the plant running in support of the RTP Facilities mission. You will be in an environment that allows and expects you to make a difference. You will be challenged to tackle how, when and the way our facilities I&C work is done with an “active owner” mindset. You will have the opportunity to gain broad and diverse experience working not only in the I&C arena, but also in support of plant-wide systems, too. This position offers exposure and hands on experience in a high tech "world changing" manufacturing environment.
What can you do for Cree?
Do awesome work with a great team to execute I&C PMs, trouble shooting, and operations support for all sizes and shapes of work orders and small general projects. You will be a key resource to help define the future direction of the I&C operations, with a chance to influence the day-to-day operations support we offer to our manufacturing operations partners.
We need and expect an active owner with a DIY mindset. An approach to effectively complete, track, monitor and report what needs to be done. Your scope means you will look for improvements and activities than optimize our facility systems, do trending, implement new technology, make solutions happen in the I&C / BMS areas of the plant.
- To perform corrective & preventative maintenance on systems & equipment.
- Operate, monitor, equipment, the control systems & processes.
- Specify and order parts as necessary to perform repairs or installations.
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Perform electrical construction work as required, including but not limited to, running conduit and pulling wires.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in plant shutdown planning & execution efforts.
- Review & author SOPs & PMs, training documentation.
- Support & implement control sequences for reliability and consistency with a focus on improvements.
- Educate and share information to train fellow employees, to make the TEAM stronger in any specific area of expertise.
- Be an excited and eager team member, with an unparalleled desire to learn systems & equipment outside of a primary expertise.
- Help growth & development of the Team.
- Make periodic PM inspections of control instruments, diagnose potential troubles; lubricate, calibrate and adjust as conditions require.
- Communicate effectively across the team and in shift pass down reports.
- An awareness and ability to understand and meet safety & environmental requirements.
- Perform lay out, "design", installations of control systems.
- Communicate well with everyone to be more effective.
Required skills, experience, and certifications:
- AAS Engineering, (a BS in Engineering would be helpful).
- A minimum of a high school diploma with field and real life experience being the most important.
- Have the willingness, depth and knowledge to effectively support various system(s) owners on the industrial mechanical, electrical or HVAC systems and specifically the I&C / BMS area.
- Experience in relevant systems including but not limited to LONworks, Siemens, Allen-Bradley PLCs, Danfoss VFDs, HVAC controls logic, instrument calibration, PCs, Wonderware, Ignition, various control systems, general instrumentation.
- Skills to effectively install, maintain, repair, overhaul, calibrate and test a wide variety of industrial instrumentation that records, indicates, controls, regulates various hardware for level, flow, pressure, temperature, position.
- Experience working with electronics/electrical equipment, pneumatic/hydraulic equipment.
- Experience working with PLC’s MMP’s, PC’s programming, NEC, NFPA, ISA and other I&C related standards.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds required.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Experience working in a complex manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment with clean rooms, chillers, boilers HVAC units, and waste treatment equipment.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Electrician experience with a concentration in the I&C / BMS world.
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top