Cree is seeking a Facilities engineer (Mechanical, or Electrical, or Chemical Engineer) to join the Facilities team at our global headquarters in Durham, NC. This is a very challenging opportunity with room for growth.
What can Cree do for you?
- Give you the opportunity to solve complex problems and implement your own solutions.
- Ability to manage large and influential projects across the company.
- High visibility in a rapidly growing organization.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective systems/equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
- Provide project management of major and minor Facility projects. Direct A/E firms during the design process and the Construction firms and/or its subcontractors in the installation of complex process equipment/systems, utility equipment/systems, building interiors, shell buildings and site improvements. Can address safety, quality, cost, schedule and resource demands.
- Prepare purchase specifications to procure owner furnished equipment, prepare construction bid packages, and evaluate bids.
- Will require technical knowledge of HVAC, piping, electrical, mechanical, and architectural industrial standards to provide technical support to plant operations.
- Ability to prepare funding estimates, establish budgets, controls costs and administers contracts.
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the Facilities engineering sector (manufacturing, maintenance, operations, accounting, administration, management, scientists, etc.) to develop design criteria, project scopes, schedules, and funding requests to successfully define and deliver projects
- 5-10 years of experience in Facilities Engineering and proven track record in project management with a focus in the semiconductor industry.
- Very diverse in understanding the electrical, mechanical, architectural design and construction disciplines and proficient in either electrical, mechanical, chemical, or process engineering for semiconductor services.
- Engineering degree is required, registration in an engineering field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence, and can work independently.
- Precise and concise written communication skills.
- Familiarity with a cleanroom environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational skills, such as time and resource planning.
- Able to walk up and down stairs, climb ladders, and work in a heavy construction environment.
- Able to work around hazardous material.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top