Fab Defectivity Engineer
Wolfspeed is a growing part of the Cree organization. As a part of a newly organized team responsible for managing factory controls, there is an open position as a Defectivity Engineer in the Fab. Due to ITAR regulations, this role must be filled by a candidate who is a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Be instrumental in helping to shape the methods, tools, and mindset for data-driven defect reduction and in-line product validation in the RF and Power Wafer Fab
- Located in the thriving Research Triangle region of North Carolina, including locations that have been named best place to live in the entire U.S.
- Potential for future mobility within a strong-growth oriented company and a technology leader in Power and RF devices
- Work directly with technology directly contributing to the future of transportation, energy, and communications
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Drive defect reduction as the primary defectivity owner for a given product family
- Accountability for optimized defect measurement recipes and defectivity tool management
- Learn and maintain direct, hands-on knowledge of the process, equipment, and technology by self-guided training and in-fab experience
- Participate in efforts to provide optimized measurement, including sample rates, of in-line product balancing factors including yield opportunities, capacity, research, development, high-volume manufacturing, manual operations, measurement equipment capabilities, and line process and equipment control
- Organize and drive cross-functional teams in key defect reduction efforts
- Participate in driving general best-practices for managing defectivity throughout process, equipment, and yield engineering
- Participate in supplier relations for fab software and equipment
What you need for success:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or science curriculum
- Minimum of 2+ years of semiconductor manufacturing experience
- In-depth understanding of Defectivity and Fab In-line Defectivity management
- General working knowledge of Photolithography, Etch, Deposition, Diffusion, Implant, thinning and thermal processing
- Working knowledge of SPC, OCAPs and in-line monitoring of both electrical performance and defect monitoring
- Must be a team player and have a "whatever it takes" approach
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years in defectivity engineering in a leading-edge semiconductor fab, with a track record of successfully leading defectivity reduction efforts as measurable in yield and reliability improvements
- Working knowledge of both Power & RF semiconductor devices
- Exposure to ITAF regulations
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top