Ericsson China FAE
Field Applications Engineer – Ericsson China
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will act as the local interface between Ericsson China & Cree, and be responsible for solidifying Cree’s position as the preferred partner for our semiconductor portfolio of RF Power (GaN-on-SiC & LDMOS) & as applicable, Power (SiC) and LED solutions across Ericsson’s footprint. The role will report directly to the Ericsson Lead FAE, based in Sweden.
Success in this role will be demonstrated by performing key technical sales support for Ericsson (and, as needs be, other OEMs) in the China/AP region. Day-to-day, as the customer’s SME (Subject Matter Expert), you will interact face-to-face with customers in support of Design Win activity, identifying any technical roadblocks and create strategies to address. Collaboration with the local KAM (Key Account Manager) & Product Line Marketing will be essential to accomplish Design In and relationship objectives.
What can Cree do for you?
- Offer the opportunity to help Cree deliver on our strategy by joining a world-class sales function
- Challenge you by working on cutting-edge products with an industry leading company
- Provide you a high-visibility role within a culture that is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative
- Allow you to be involved in Cree’s transformation, including being in the early adoption phase for the fastest growing RF/Power products in the compound semiconductor market
- Provide possible upward mobility in a thriving, growth-mode organization
What can you do for Cree?
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders in assigned customer location(s), primarily at the R&D/Engineering Design Centers
- Present regular technical updates (and interim workshops), promoting new developments, products (features and benefits) as well as being hands-on in customerlLabs for modelling, trouble-shooting, etc.
- Own the regional technical interface, promote & support the development of the account by supporting the local KAM/Sales organization and driving increased Design In activity
- Assess product positioning and recommend changes needed to surpass competitors
- With the KAM/Sales team, support pipeline transparency & timely forecasting (in Salesforce.com or other systems) & map out plans to close Design Wins
- Communicate technical market trends (OEMs & Operators) and recommend strategies for success
What you need for success:
- 5+ years in a Design Engineering or Application Engineering role (other relevant experience, e.g. RF circuit designer, technical sales support, etc., will be considered), interacting directly with customers to solve technical problems
- Possess technical skills to complete microwave measurements
- Strong knowledge in tuning high power amplifiers and circuit optimization
- High-power RF experience required with either GaN HEMT, Si LDMOS or GaAs MESFET, GaAs pHEMT
- A solid track record of excellent presentation and written communication skills (English and Mandarin fluency)
- Experience collaborating within and across global sales & technical teams to increase penetration into key accounts
- Ability to travel approximately 60%, including international
- Preferred role location is Beijing but other locations will be considered
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or other Engineering discipline with relevant work experience
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top