DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Support design engineering from concept through production including component selection, test, prototype build, safety testing and production integration.
- Assemble and test electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies working from schematics, notes and written or verbal instructions from engineering
- Work from diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions.
- Use test equipment including, but not limited to, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, power analyzers, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Maintenance and calibration of internal lab equipment
- Test and troubleshoot new, and off-the-shelf, LED driver design
- Capture oscilloscope waveforms, make power and efficiency measurements, gather additional data and provide clear, concise test request reports for review.
- Quickly and accurately capture and understand data. Transfer data to MSWord or excel report format.
- Complete tasks in creative and effective ways with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Provide training to other personnel
- High school technical degree, electronics or electrotechnology/ 2+ years of experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or electronics engineering / 1+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of performance, thermal, EMC and qualification testing of electronics.
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits with equipment such as; oscilloscopes, power meters, AC and DC power supplies and multimeters.
- Experience in IEC and EN Standard and related tests
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Excel and Word or equivalents.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while knowing when to ask for help.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- English language knowledge (to apply in test report)
- Experience in IEC and EN Standard for lighting is a significant plus
- Experience in setting up testing equipment using Lab view
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent knowledge, spoken and written, of english language
- Experience with LED products
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top