SUMMARY Cree LED Lighting is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on engineering technician to maintain and support industry leading LED based lighting products. Individual will work within cross functional groups consisting of engineering, product development and global contract manufacturing partners to qualify and support high volume products in production. A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that is able to quickly work around technical obstacles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direct support to LED Manufacturing Operations to troubleshoot cause and determine resolution to line stoppage incidents.
- Work with Production, Industrial, and Design Engineering groups to resolve technical issues.
- Monitor and improve manufacturing processes for LED lighting in the pursuit of better yields and cycle times.
- Work with Engineering & Manufacturing Operations to ensure output and productivity.
- Review assigned product lines looking for ways to reduce cost by part or process redesign.
- Maintain and update existing bills of materials, reference documents, and electronic documentation.
- Creates and processes Engineering change documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Self-Starter who thrives in a fast-pace engineering and production environment.
- Two-year degree from a technical school in electrical, electronic or mechanical field or 2 + years of demonstrated experience in related field.
- Strong mechanical and/or electronic skills.
- Able to read and understand Blueprints, Wiring Diagrams, and Bill of Materials
- Able to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams .
- 1+ year(s) experience supporting a manufacturing operation
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project) - General Computer Expertise
- Strong personal work ethic with ‘Do Whatever It Takes’ attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter, high-energy, strong drive for accomplishment.
- Work well independently towards achieving the goals of the group.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate handling of confidential information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top