Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype LED lighting systems and experimental design circuitry. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics, and logic systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
• Expanding your skill-set and problem-solving skills
• A chance to showcase your acquired knowledge in process improvement in an innovative environment
• High visibility in one of Cree’s flagship R&D sites
• 5+ years of test experience in a semiconductor environment; Holding an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering could substitute for experience.
• Familiarity with electrical system troubleshooting and prototyping
• Experience with soldering and assembling electrical systems
• Demonstrated analytical skills including proficiency in Excel and other relevant computer systems
• Able to lift up to 30 pounds
• Semiconductor test experience specifically relating to LEDs and/or lighting systems. Photometric test experience will be a large plus.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top