This position requires a self-motivated, hands-on Process Engineering Technician that will be part of a team responsible for process development and sustaining of die singulation and device assembly for Wolfspeed Power and RF products.
- Responsible for providing Process Engineering technician support of die singulation, and device assembly processes for Power and RF wafers. This includes working closely with engineers on all aspects of the process including: new product introduction, process development, process control/monitoring, process troubleshooting, process characterization, training and continuous improvement.
- Perform root cause analysis and disposition of scrap and low yielding wafers
- Troubleshoot and resolve out of control processes
- Perform daily and weekly process checks
- Perform process development and new product introduction tasks
- Collect and analyze statistical data on process performance
- Work on assignments and projects that are complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems
- Perform new product set ups and tool qualifications per checklists and instructions.
- Execute designed experiments to completion and perform initial data review.
- Routinely monitor process yields and tool performance throughout the day and respond to out of control events..
- Learn and perform the following processes/tasks with minimal supervision: Mount, Automatic Saw, Manual saw, Automatic Inspection, Ink, Stretch/Transfer, Die Attach, Wire Bond, Lid Seal, Laser marking, Epoxy dispense, etc.
- Operator Training/Qualification to support operations.
- Must be willing to execute all production processes, as required to meet production schedule.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top