Engineering Project Manager
The successful candidate shall take an integral part in definition, scoping, implementation, validation and delivering best-in-class software and hardware solutions to realize the next generation of intelligent lighting functionality. The ideal candidate will both participate in and direct the implementation of software and hardware projects using modern development methods and tools for both in-house development teams and third-party development partners. This program manager role will lead cross functional groups consisting of marketing, engineering and manufacturing to develop, design, qualify and introduce products and systems into production.
What can Cree do for you?
This role is within a fast paced and startup-like development environment and grants license to create something brand new and impactful for our users. New software applications will be developed that leverage Cree’s unique position to sense the occupants of a building, determine energy used for lighting and create a world of new applications that deliver highly value insights. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of intelligent lighting and to join the revolution pioneering the path for intelligent lighting products and features within a well-established lighting company.
What can you do for Cree?
- Develop detailed project requirements and specifications based on product definition and intelligent lighting system requirements
- Lead development projects from concept to production including a high level of interaction with hardware, embedded firmware, software, verification and product marketing team members
- Create detailed project plans for hardware and software development projects
- Direct in-house and third party development teams to create intelligent lighting products
- Interface with industry partners to coordinate the delivery of required work products
- Review and direct verification efforts to deliver high quality software, documentation and related deliverables with traceability back to requirements
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success
What you need for success:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other technical related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing software and hardware development projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions and own development from concept through production launch with thorough understanding of software development lifecycle
- Deep ownership mindset and willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver world class products to market
- Ability to balance project risks and opportunities to assure quality, safety, reliability, cost and schedule objectives are met
- Excellent communication, leadership, diplomacy and presentation skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Project Management Professional certification
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with lighting controls or energy management a plus
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top