Emergency Response Team (ERT) Coordinator
Emergency Response Team Coordinator
Cree is seeking an Emergency Response Team Coordinator to join Cree’s Corporate Security and Emergency Management organization. This supervisory function is charged with oversight and training of the onsite emergency response teams in Durham, North Carolina. This position will maintain regulatory compliance assurance while providing quality service to Cree Business units at multiple facilities in support of achieving world class performance. Specifically, this position will be responsible for leading and training Cree’s onsite emergency response teams to provide for the safety and efficiency of response operations to potential chemical, medical and fire related emergencies. This position will be responsible for team building, training development, compliance assurance recommendations, and associated recordkeeping. This position will work in conjunction with other members of the organization to implement new initiatives and programs designed to improve Cree’s overall Emergency Management Program, while simultaneously maintaining an efficient Emergency Response capability.
What can Cree do for you?
- Chance to work alongside passionate individuals who believe their job is more than just a paycheck
- Opportunity to work for a company where upward mobility is driven by results, not by tenure or organizational politics
- Chance to work within a team-driven environment where achieving the end-goal is more important than individual accomplishments
- Opportunity to work for company that is large enough to provide necessary resources, but small enough to remain nimble in the ever-changing global marketplace
What can you do for Cree?
- Assist the Emergency Manager and other Emergency Response Team (ERT) members in everyday activities concerning chemical handling, PPE, and general plant Emergency Management issues.
- Develop and conduct regular emergency response training and drills involving on-site and off-site responders.
- Maintain liaisons with local, state, and federal emergency response organizations.
- Maintain sampling and response equipment, calibrations, and recordkeeping.
- Serve as the content expert for PPE, including development and maintaining the appropriate matrix and evaluations.
- Refine, develop and implement new systems, policies, and programs as identified and assigned.
- Must have the ability to analyze technical content and deliver common sense recommendations to appropriate levels of personnel within the organization
- Respond to employee concerns and issues.
- Serve as an Emergency Coordinator and respond to on-site emergencies as required to facilitate large-scale disaster response operations.
- Responsible for developing and delivering appropriate ERT subject matter training.
- Leads and participates in internal department audits of security, life safety, and emergency response programs.
What you need for success:
- Understanding of applicable OSHA, EPA, DHS, and other emergency preparedness related code compliance documents.
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of applicable chemical safety regulations and exposure guidelines.
- Must be able to achieve any required DOT, EPA, or FEMA certificates associated with performance of the position.
- Must have five (5) years of experience responding to hazmat, fire and medical emergencies. Cross training and experience in other emergency response functions is strongly desired.
- Must have three (3) years of experience developing and delivering emergency response related training to members of a response team organization. Hazmat training experience is strongly desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- Must be knowledgeable in the application of NIMS and ICS models.
- Must be able to be on-call and carry a pager with the ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Must be able to meet the minimum ERT Physical Requirements.
- Must be able to pass medical clearance to wear respiratory protection.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE, and work around hazardous materials.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in emergency management, hazmat chemistry, or related field.
- Experience and/or familiarization with industry emergency response teams.
- Knowledge in/of National and International agency response protocols.
- Knowledge in/of Microsoft SharePoint and electronic tools.
- High level of skill with Microsoft database, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top