Electronics Packaging Process Engineer
This job opportunity is for an experienced Process Engineer with a thorough and detailed understanding of, and experience with, a wide range of electronics packaging processes in a manufacturing environment. The candidate needs to be familiar with wire bonding, solder attach, polymer encapsulation/potting, wafer dicing, etc., while also having critical volume manufacturing expertise in at least one of the process areas.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to apply technical leadership skills in an organization with the highest performing SiC power devices and modules in the world
- Grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, make a global difference, advance your breadth of knowledge and experience
- Work on a wide range of high performance products in cross-discipline teams
- Join an elite performing group with the opportunity to work with the best of the best
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop electronics packaging production processes such as wire bonding, die attach, vacuum reflow soldering, dicing, etching, potting, curing, etc
- Provide technical and engineering support to the manufacturing team
- Develop and conducts statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) targeting process optimization and high yield process controls for specific electronics packaging manufacturing processes
- Recommend and implement equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products and processes – lead and/or assist in setting up such equipment
- Interact with product design engineers to ensure that processes and designs are compatible and optimized for future products
What you need for success:
- Requires a 4 year degree. Applicants with an M.S. or Ph.D. degree will also be given strong consideration
- >5 years electronics processing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with hands-on use of laboratory equipment, processing equipment, building prototypes, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced packaging materials.
- Experience with many of the following processes: wire bond interconnects, vacuum solder reflow attaches, brazing, epoxies, power substrates, laser processing, hermetic seam sealing, ceramic/metal packages, electrolytic and electroless plating, CNC machining.
- Technical project planning experience.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, and presentation).
- Excellent team player.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Knowledge of new state-of-the-art devices such as SiC JFETs, MOSFETs, TMOS, thyristors, Schottky Diodes, etc.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment (Class 1000 or better).
- Experience in several of the following areas: power electronics/modules packaging processes, tools, and equipment, statistical analysis tools and software, engineering design tools such as SolidWorks, COMSOL, ANSYS, etc., mechanical and/or electrical systems.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top