Electronic Assembly Technician
Wolfspeed is Cree's Power & Radio Frequency (RF) business and one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride on silicon carbide (GaN-on-SiC) technology and products. Our business is growing rapidly and we are hiring an MCM Layout Engineer to join our team responsible for developing RF solutions for the 5G cellular infrastructure market.
What Wolfspeed can do for you:
You will be part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work. You will work directly with technology that will significantly impact the future of transportation, energy and communications. Our broad portfolio in growing markets provides stability and opportunity for personal growths and experience. Our growth oriented business model allows opportunities for mobility within the company.
What you can do for Wolfspeed:
As part of the 5G m-MIMO Development team you will be mentored with Senior Technicians and RF Engineers to develop you career and skillsets. You will work with and support RF Designers, with assembly and optimization trouble shooting and characterization of SiP / multi-chip modules. You will support characterization of RF modules for customers and data sheets. As such, you will be an integral part of the post design process and you will be responsible for supporting the product development actives in the RF Lab.
What you need for success:
- Understand theory of basic electrical for trouble shooting lab equipment and circuits.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Science OR 1-3 years of Electronic Assembly experience
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
- Some knowledge of testing RF active circuits such as amplifiers and understanding of analog circuits is desired.
- Use of typical required lab requirements: DVOM etc. is required. Using Network analyzers, Spectrum analyzers, power meters, is a plus.
- Must have some knowledge and understanding of circuit assembly and good soldering capabilities is required.
- Capable of soldering and assembling of SMD passive and active component with case size 0201, 01005).
- Be mechanically includes
- Ability to work with outside vendors to develop supporting mechanicals and electrical evaluation boards
- Some experience with drafting tools, example Auto-CAD.
- Open to learn new skills and be ready to work in an agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention for details
- Able to work on multiple tasks and expedite tasks
- Ability to work well in a team and mentor other technicians.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, result oriented growth business with a start-up mentality.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top