Electronic Assembly Technician
Wolfspeed is Cree's Power & Radio Frequency (RF) business and one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride on silicon carbide (GaN-on-SiC) technology and products. Our business is growing rapidly and we are hiring an Engineering Assembly Technician to join our team responsible for developing RF solutions for the Aerospace & Defense market.
What Wolfspeed can do for you:
You will be part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work. You will work directly with technology that will significantly impact the future of transportation, energy and communications. Our broad portfolio in growing markets provides stability and opportunity for personal growths and experience. Our growth oriented business model allows opportunities for mobility within the company.
What you can do for Wolfspeed:
As part of the Aerospace & Defense Product Development team you will work on the assembly of RF evaluation boards. As such, you will be an integral part of the post design process and you will be responsible for supporting the product development and application activities in the RF Lab.
What you need for success:
• 2 year technical school degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Technology plus a minimum of 2 years or High School diploma required plus a minimum of 4-6 years experience experience in SMT soldering of passive and active components
• Ability to work from schematics, pictorial presentations, written and verbal instructions to follow standard assembly procedures.
• Ability to work with outside vendors to maintain an inventory of components and supporting evaluation boards
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention for details
• Able to work on multiple tasks and expedite tasks
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, result oriented growth business with a start-up mentality.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top