Cree is seeking an Electrical Technician who has experience assembling and wiring control panels/boxes. Must be able to read schematics and blue prints. Experience with cable harnesses is highly desirable. Allen Bradley PLC knowledge is a highly desirable. Associates Degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred but not absolutely required. Prefer industrial manufacturing background. This role will be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on detailed point-to-point wiring, cable routing, and other equipment design implementation and fabrication activities.
As a member of the Materials Equipment team, this position will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. There will be direct interaction with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals.
This position will work on a Monday - Friday day shift schedule, but the specific work hours have not been confirmed.
- Build and install panels.
- Interpret schematics and blue prints.
- Understand and make minor modifications to electrical schematics including power and control circuits noting any corrections.
- Wire fixtures, electrical panels and equipment.
- Assemble electrical panels with a high degree of efficiency and quality by proper interpretations of the drawings.
- Debug electrical control circuits and/or mechanical equipment failure.
- Manipulate PLC programming with some support, including uploads, downloads, addressing, step circuits, and online debug.
- Understand mechanical equipment and operations.
- Utilize Microsoft Office to do word processing, basic spreadsheets, and basic presentations efficiently.
- Work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and rotating shifts.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Electronic fields preferred, or two or more years of relevant work experience.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top