Director Product Portfolio
Director Product Portfolio Overview
This role is responsible for driving the profitable growth of the Integrated Lighting Solutions product line of the LED Components business at Cree. This role collaborates across all departments of the company including sales, operations, marketing, R&D and engineering to build and lead all efforts to grow Integrated Lighting Solutions and reports to the VP and GM.
Integrated Lighting Solutions represents a comprehensive product line that delivers a modular solid state lighting solution to the market place. It combines PCBA, LED’s, thermal controls, optics all supported by world class quality assembly and logistics to accelerate design, implementation and deployment cycles for its customers.
- Driving and guiding the profit contribution of the “Integrated Lighting Solutions” product line of the LED Components business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- Understanding, articulating, and capturing customer trends and market opportunities. Translate these opportunities into a defined set of actions to drive Integrated Solutions revenue and profit growth.
- Building products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and channel partners.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Identifying and executing, when necessary, business development relationships needed to bring the Integrated Solutions product together in the best way to service the customer and market place.
- Developing customer and channel communication strategies for new product launch
- Reviewing business statistics including product line price points, product line mix sales history, and competition with accountability for revenue profit achievement vis-à-vis agreed upon established business plan.
- Own the development of the Integrated Lighting Solutions portion of the LED Components Business Plan.
- Own the customer relationship including terms, conditions, pricing and warranty in the context of achieving agreed upon business plan.
- Own the marketing and market development function.
- Hire direct reports base on agreed upon business plan.
- Engage dot-line reporting relationships in the areas of R&D, Operations, Engineering, Sales, Planning and Logistics.
- Own relationships with business development partners including terms, conditions, pricing and warranty in the context of achieving agreed upon business plan.
- Hold direct reports accountable up to and including termination.
- Developing infrastructure to support business growth based upon agree upon business plan
Keys to Successful Candidate
The following are important skills, knowledge, and abilities required to perform excellently on the job:
- Has a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Understanding of the Level 2 solid state lighting market and industry.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, and developing business strategy.
- Excellent presentation, communication and customer skills.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top