Director of Marketing
As the E-Commerce Marketing Director, you will be guiding the relationship consumers have with the e-conolight brand. Already a leading destination for small commercial contractors, our mission is to be the number 1 online destination for all commercial and residential lighting customers. To accomplish this objective, we need an experienced, but innovative leader to transform our marketing activities from primarily catalog and basic digital marketing to a fully integrated marketing organization that creates the best customer experience for both B2B and B2C customers. You will be responsible for overseeing all marketing programs, as well as identify areas of improvement and implement strategies to increase revenue and brand awareness across our marketing channels (catalog, email, web, PPC, ...) This position can be located either in Durham, NC or Racine, WI.
What can Cree do for you?
- Our E-Commerce department is one of the fastest growing segments of our company. This is a great chance to get in at a rapidly growing organization.
- You will be able to make decisions and innovate your team to ensure continued growth.
- Expand the E-Commerce business line to include all business lines, as the success of the group and company require.
- Create and put in place a media planning process for our digital sales.
What can you do for Cree?
- Oversee marketing efforts to build and optimize the best online destination for commercial and residential lighting
- Responsible for leading direct-to-consumer long-term strategy positioning for market segments and regions
- Direct, monitor and improve our lead generation funnel, including SEO/PPC, catalog, email, content, campaigns, and social
- Monitor, analyze, adjust, and communicate performance of all digital marketing activities
- With growth opportunities presented, help to build and guide our digital marketing team
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize all digital customer touch points (landing pages, emails, etc)
- Direct and monitor third-party marketing and technology vendors to ensure ROI.
- Monitoring of, and leveraging consumer insights to drive business action and strategy
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
What you need for success:
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (5-10+ years) & e-commerce.
- At least 3 years managing a team, including coaching and mentoring
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM/PPC, email, social media, re-marketing/retargeting, and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience with marketing automation (Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, etc.)
- Expertise in Google Analytics, AdWords and Google Product Ads and alternative platforms (Adobe, …)
- Experience with email marketing platforms such as ExactTarget, Bronto, BlueHornet, etc.
- Expertise in conversion optimization using Google Analytics and other tools
- Ability to work well with engineering and web development colleagues, including having a working knowledge of development
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Strong experience with digital media and transitioning a company from other platforms onto digital media.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top