Director of Human Resources
Cree is searching for a Director of Human Resources for our facility in Racine, WI to help develop processes, create initiatives to boost overall employee morale, and partner with plant and corporate leadership to ensure a high performing workforce. While there are components of compensation, benefits, recruiter, HRIS, and training and development involved, the qualified candidate will have a strong background with employee relations.
What can Cree do for you?
- Give you the opportunity for job enrichment with a challenging position
- Potential upward mobility in one of our fastest growing divisions
- A chance to showcase your knowledge of employee relations key strategies
- High visibility in one of Cree’s flagship manufacturing sites
- Give you freedom to design creative solutions to critical people problems
What can you do for Cree?
- Align plant policies and procedures with corporate direction while respecting distinct local needs
- Partner with corporate human resources in our global headquarters to identify gaps in corporate compensation, benefits, employee relations, HRIS, and talent acquisition
- Coach and advise supervisors and managers in a direct and effective way with superior communication skills
- Develop and maintain training metrics that help drive continuous improvement
- Motivate and develop the performance and development of onsite HR team
What you need for success:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of business unit partnership and/or HR specialist experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role with multiple direct reports
- 5+ years of involvement in and leadership of employee relations issue resolution, leadership development and responsive programs
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master degree in Human Resources or related field
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Extensive experience in acquisitions, mergers and/or culture change
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top