Digital Engineer, Pre-Distortion
This job opportunity is based in Morgan Hill, CA with our newly acquired LDMOS and GaN fab (formerly part of Infineon). You will be responsible for providing solutions for the next generation of cellular infrastructure. In this role, you will also be responsible for developing the internal DPD platform required for characterization of RF power amplifiers.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Potential for future mobility within a strong-growth oriented company and a technology leader in Power and RF devices
- Our company has a broad portfolio in growing markets, which provides good opportunities for stability and experience
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work
- Work directly with technology directly contributing to the future of transportation, energy, and communications
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Evaluate hardware options for internal DPD hardware platform
- Create new, and modify current DPD algorithms to facilitate understanding of DPD requirements for new PA devices or architectures
- Provide DPD insight to RFPA device and circuit designers when developing new RF circuitry.
- Work with product design and applications teams to assist with PA linearization topics
- Develop DPD GUI, documentation and training to technical user base
What you need for success:
- 5+ years of digital signal processing (DSP) experience
- MSEE or PhD in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Solid understanding of DPD architectures, and tradeoffs for RFPA linearization
- Skilled in programming languages such as Matlab, C++
- Good understanding of digital hardware limitations in FPGAs, DACs and ADCs
- Clear understanding of hardware limitation impact on system level performance
- Strong, logical problem solving skills, with ability to conceptualize unorthodox solutions
- Open minded perspective to other technical inputs
- Proficient in operation of laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top