Digital Engineer, Pre-Distortion
This job opportunity is based in Morgan Hill, CA with our newly acquired LDMOS and GaN fab (formerly part of Infineon). You will be responsible for providing solutions for the next generation of cellular infrastructure. In this role, you will also be responsible for developing the internal DPD platform required for characterization of RF power amplifiers.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Potential for future mobility within a strong-growth oriented company and a technology leader in Power and RF devices
- Our company has a broad portfolio in growing markets, which provides good opportunities for stability and experience
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work
- Work directly with technology directly contributing to the future of transportation, energy, and communications
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Evaluate hardware options for internal DPD hardware platform
- Create new, and modify current DPD algorithms to facilitate understanding of DPD requirements for new PA devices or architectures
- Provide DPD insight to RFPA device and circuit designers when developing new RF circuitry.
- Work with product design and applications teams to assist with PA linearization topics
- Develop DPD GUI, documentation and training to technical user base
What you need for success:
- 5+ years of digital signal processing (DSP) experience
- MSEE or PhD in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Solid understanding of DPD architectures, and tradeoffs for RFPA linearization
- Skilled in programming languages such as Matlab, C++
- Good understanding of digital hardware limitations in FPGAs, DACs and ADCs
- Clear understanding of hardware limitation impact on system level performance
- Strong, logical problem solving skills, with ability to conceptualize unorthodox solutions
- Open minded perspective to other technical inputs
- Proficient in operation of laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top