Device Scientist / Device Engineer (GaN)
Wolfspeed (Cree’s Power & RF division) has an opening in R&D for a Device Scientist for RF device and MMIC technology development. This will be a technical lead on efforts to develop the Wolfspeed GaN HEMT technology for a Telecom Market Segment. The position will entail all aspects of developing the technology for these purposes including RF semiconductor device design, MMIC/device process development and measurement.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- We can offer an opportunity to enter into breakout field of wide-bandgap technologies for worldwide telecommunications market
- Technically challenging device and process development that can have high-impact to business growth
- Potential for high visibility in your field, working for the leader in wide-bandgap technology and manufacturing
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop GaN HEMT S-, C-, Ku-band and MMW device and MMIC technology for improved telecom performance.
- Develop advanced process flows, travelers and inspect wafers through the fabrication process.
- Prepare scientific and technical proposals for securing funding from various Government funding agencies.
- Make technical presentations. Be able to travel.
- Coordinate with team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop fabrication processes for Ku-band and MMW devices and MMICs.
What you need for success:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field is required.
- Extensive experience in III-V or GaN-related microwave device development.
- RF device design for linearity improvement.
- Previous hands-on experience with physical device modeling techniques.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain US Secruity Clearance.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years experience in design and fabrication of RF microwave and MMW devices, particularly those requiring e-beam lithography.
- RF measurement experience at Ku-band and MMW frequencies a strong plus.
- RF circuit design background a strong plus.
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Areas of competence should include Etch, Photolithography, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implant, NPI, DOE’s and backend processing.
- Ability to develop custom device testing methods: DC, Pulsed and RF.
- Familiar with the basics of databases and statistical process control.
- Software and programming background: VisualBasic, LabView, JMP scripting or other environments.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top