Development Engineering Manager
The Roadway Engineering Manager will lead a cross functional, standing team of engineers and staff within Cree Lighting. You will be responsible for delivering results by providing technical and project leadership with a focus on quality, innovation and meeting technical, performance and timeline commitments. A successful leader resourcefully solves problems while positively engaging partners inside and outside the business to cooperatively solve problems. Growing the technical and soft skills of the staff is a priority for the position.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunities to apply creative problem solving, and see those solutions implemented in large scale projects
- Opportunities to work directly with, and learn from, an intelligent and diverse group of engineering teams, operations teams, marketing teams
- Encouraged to think innovatively in a dynamic environment
- Opportunity to work in a quickly evolving market at a leader in the industry
- Be a part of a team that really gets things done!
What can you do for Cree?
- Establishing product specifications that meet market requirements
- Develop, sustain and improve market leading Roadway products
- Plan and allocate appropriate engineering resources for projects and provide scheduling, resource planning, and capital equipment budget plans
- Work with product marketing in development of product roadmap. Develop and execute on strategy that delivers product roadmap on time and that meets budget and performance requirements.
- Interface and communicate with internal customers to develop strong relationships supporting a team environment.
- Assure compliance to development process
- Mentor staff and assist in their professional development
- Identify, initiate and implement solutions for process/product development that improves performance, reduces cost, improves yield, and increases capability
What you need for success:
- BS in Engineering
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership in product development
- Proven track record delivering complex products that require close cross functional collaboration
- Ability to effectively manage multiple development projects simultaneously
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and perseverance to work through technical or organizational obstacles
- Experience in practical applications of advanced predictive modeling in areas such as thermal, optical, mechanical, or electrical
- Ability to make decisions and take appropriate risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Willing and open to travel - both domestic and international
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of development team leadership experience
- Experience designing LED Lighting products
- Experience designing outdoor rating products
- Experience with Roadway optical applications
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top