Wolfspeed (Cree's Power & RF division) is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) wafers and devices for RF communications, radar and electronic warfare. Our business is growing rapidly and is in need of a RF/Microwave Power Amplifier Design Engineer for our RF product development team. The primary focus of this role is the Load-Pull System characterization, calibration, and verification of cutting edge products using GaN HEMT and LDMOS technologies.
At Wolfspeed, you will:
- Apply your working knowledge and proficiencies, to Maury and Focus Load-Pull Systems
- Maintain Load-Pull systems, including peripheral equipment
- Perform load pull measurements
- Design, Develop, and Characterize Load-Pull Fixture Standards (Line, Thru, Reflect)
- Organization Load-Pull Activities Support (Load-Pull Team, Product Development Requests)
What you need for success:
- BSEE or demonstrated equivalent experience
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card
- 3 years High Power RF circuit design/measurement experience with 2 years of load-pull experience.
- Working knowledge of measurements used for characterization of high power RF systems, including wireless standards and pulsed operation: Output Power, Drain Efficiency, PAE Efficiency, Power Gain, Linearity, Spurious emissions, pulsed topics including safe operational methodologies. The candidate should be an expert with Vector Network Analyzers and able to perform full TRL Calibrations, for 2-N port characterizations and fixture measurements.
- Working Knowledge and rudimentary programming skills and experience using Matlab and other tools for test control and driver generation.
- Working knowledge and experience with industry standard Maury and Focus load-Pull systems, including set-up and calibration techniques.
- Should be familiar with the following: broadband tapered fixture design, various classes of operation used in RF power devices (A, B, C, F, F’) as well as basic knowledge of Doherty operation, good trouble shooting skills and the ability to teach and learn in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Proficient at using CAD and Simulation software Tools AWR, ADS, Autodesk (Auto-Cad, Inventor).
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top