Data Center Engineer
Data Center Engineer
Cree is seeking a Data Center Engineer to help build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise. We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated IT professionals who give their all to help our enterprise flourish. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations. We’re interested in automating as many of our processes as possible to reduce the potential for human error.
As a key member of our IT Data Center Operations staff, you will work closely with all business liaisons to help design cost effective and scalable upgradeable strategies both on premises as well as in cloud providers. The engineer will lead IMS teams, prepare scope documents, and implement best practices for provisioning to ensure investment in technology is consistent with business objectives. The engineer will also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on VMWare, Hyper-V, and Azure, and must have hands on experience in the aforementioned technologies.
What can Cree do for you?
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Provide career growth opportunities within a thriving organization
- Opportunity to implement new processes and drive change within the IT organization
What can you do for Cree?
- Support/Maintain all aspects of Cree Physical/Virtual/Cloud server environments worldwide (provide L3 support)
- Monitor existing systems to ensure integrity
- Escalate or route tickets to appropriate groups as needed in support of systems and ensure SLA’s are met for financial and mission critical systems
- Triage, troubleshooting, and resolution of server systems including, software, OS, and network related issues pulling in other groups where needed
- Detailed documentation of tickets including symptoms, causes, and root cause resolutions
- Communication with internal customers and team members
What you need for success:
- 3+ years’ experience system engineering and IT support
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- System Administration of VMWare & Hyper-V at an enterprise level
- Strong understanding of backup and disaster recovery systems and methodologies
- Ability to support a wide array of IT services
- Ability to quickly learn various IT tools and systems available
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/ADFS/Azure
- Ability to prioritize based on criticality and urgency of an issue
- Previous support experience in a corporate environment in excess of 1000 employees
- Excellent attendance and reliability
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- ITIL Certification
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top