Customer Account Specialist
Summary: Work within a customer-focused team environment. Provide prompt and courteous handling of all customer service aspects, which may include but not limited to; customer inquires, correspondence via fax messages, e-mail, and telephone calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive, research and respond to customer inquiries and requests via phone, fax, mail, e-mail or in person.
- Process orders/quotes by entering catalog numbers/descriptions, pricing, and terms and conditions.
- Respond to inquiries regarding shipping/delivery dates, order changes/cancellations, and quotations, etc.
- Process and follows up on less complex customer complaints requiring reimbursement (such as late shipment), repair (such as damaged product) or replacement.
- Compile documentation, records, written correspondence and files pertinent to customer orders, complaints, etc. Maintain follow up report on open quotations and all hold for release orders.
- Maintain basic familiarity with products, applications, pricing, warranties, sales policies and procedures, etc.
- Maintain working relationships with supporting departments (such as Exception Resolution, Application Engineering, etc.)
- Perform limited troubleshooting such as ensuring parts ordered are complete.
- Participate in departmental/team meetings and training programs.
- Quality (RGA% and call monitoring scores) must meet or exceed department expectations.
- Follow Customer Service Behavioral Expectations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma minimum. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree desired or 2+ years of previous customer service experience.
- Ability to type 30 wpm and experience working with the Internet, e-mail, and Adobe Acrobat.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top