Crystal Growth Process Engineer Sustaining
The Materials Business is seeking a high potential, resourceful, hands-on, problem solving Process Sustaining Engineer with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented manufacturing environment and work constructively with a cross-functional team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians. The candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and characterization of equipment, raw material, and process impact to quality, yield, and cost of the SiC substrate production process.
What can our company do for you?
- Help Cree & Wolfspeed grow cutting edge technologies to enable new and exciting markets:
- Electric vehicle adoption.
- Sustainable power management.
- 5G telecommunications networks.
- And much more…
- Vertically integrated structure within Global Operations business provides exposure to all aspects of semiconductor manufacturing processes, from substrate manufacturing all the way through device testing.
- Business expected to grow at accelerated rate over next 4 years – opportunities to advance your career through many different pathways.
What can you do for our company?
- Own investigation, troubleshooting, and improvement of equipment impact on safety, quality, and cost of SiC substrate production processes.
- Define and refine methods to increase process repeatability and control to achieve higher yields, lower costs, higher flexibility, lower variation, and a safe work environment
- Apply good engineering practices to achieve continuous improvement.
- Work with R&D team to define, qualify, and transition processes from research through development and production
- Define, train, qualify, and lead process changes with salaried and hourly staff to ensure repeatability, reproducibility, and control.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Materials Science.
- Strong organizational and planning abilities, independent thinking, attention to detail, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to work in non-cleanroom type environment.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of engineering internship experience in a manufacturing environment troubleshooting equipment, material, or process impact on product quality and yield.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad or similar software.
- Familiarity with JMP, Spotfire, or similar software package.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and demonstrated success in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Excellent English language verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Statistical process control experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent overall computer and analytical skills
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top