Cost Accounting Manager
Cost Accounting Manager
Cree is seeking Cost Accounting Manager to lead the Cost Accounting team at our Racine, WI lighting location. This individual will manage the inventory cost accounting functions, including development, installation, and monitoring of inventory valuation and existence controls, to include the analysis and interpretation of cost accounting information to leadership.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Lead Cost Accounting function locally to drive consistency, efficiency and effectiveness throughout the business and across the organization (to include lending expertise around best-in-class cost accounting practices to cost management personnel and functions)
- Manage cost and inventory systems to improve information flows, ensuring they meet manufacturing, cost and inventory accounting and audit requirements through the utilization of internal systems.
- Provide business unit functional leaders analytical support for special projects and decisions (ie make vs buy decisions; participation in vendor RFPs, margin analysis for product/pricing decisions).
- Manage the development and optimization of product cost estimates utilized in pricing and planning processes. Establish and monitor efficient, best in class procedures for the review/comparison of current costs versus plan estimates, including the reporting of differences to the appropriate product line.
- Manage, develop and maintain a team of professional staff providing clear direction, motivating and engaging team
- Provide and support the divisions, operations and corporate functions in product cost analysis.
- Support the processes for development of piece part, subassembly and finished goods product costs for financial reporting and internal control purposes.
- Review costing variances and provide consolidated reporting to control and analyze component cost changes.
- Oversee the monthly inventory close responsibilities, ensuring all entries/activities are completed on time and accurately. Responsible for complete and accurate account reconciliations for all applicable inventory accounts and appropriate follow-up on significant reconciling items.
- Plan and execute year-end audit activities for manufacturing, inventory product cost and warehousing functions providing support to the external auditors.
- Ensure compliance of all SOX 404 control procedures that the business is responsible for. Support the internal and external auditors in their testing of those controls.
- Utilize audit processes and outcomes to drive improvement across the business. Analyze outcomes, identify gaps, recommend solutions and drive implementation across the organization.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
What you need for success:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. Organized professional with 10 - 15 years of overall experience
- 10+ years’ experience of increasing responsibility in Finance or Accounting function, to include 4+ years’ experience in a medium- to large-size publically traded, global manufacturing firm, with an emphasis in inventory cost accounting; business planning and analysis activities.
- 4-5 years’ experience and success providing indirect leadership to projects and initiatives required. 3+ years’ direct supervisory/leadership experience desired
- Experience implementing and managing a change in costing methodology
- Proven continuous improvement mind-set with strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that can motivate, engage and guide individuals toward action and goal attainment
- Advanced knowledge/exposure to an enterprise wide system (Oracle preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, accounting and problem solving skills
- Strong managerial perspective, highly motivated, mature and positive individual.
- Sound technical knowledge of accounting standards and exposure to or knowledge of SOX requirements
- Drive for – and proven success in driving – continued improvement of business, function, team and self.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MBA or certification (CPA/CMA) preferred
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top