Cree is seeking a Controls/Automation Engineer to join the facilities team at our global headquarters in Durham, NC. This person in this job must have working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC programming/hardware troubleshooting, as well as Wonderware System Platform/Historian. This person in this job must also have knowledge of controls and automation engineering principles, theories, concepts and industry practices and standards and their application.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to do challenging work with advancing automation system
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- High visibility job in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Transfer existing LON application from physical server to virtual server
- Implement Inventory tracking software
- Develop a network changeover plan
- Identify network communication issues
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent education and work experience
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC programming and hardware troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Wonderware System Platform/Historian, Schneider Power Monitoring Expert, Kepware, Lonmaker, BacNet and Indusoft.
- Working knowledge of computer programming (SQL, Historical Data Collection, Data Visualization and Reports)
- Working knowledge of personal computers with Microsoft operation systems and various industrial networking systems
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 10-15 years working in Controls
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top