Commodity Manager, Indirect
Commodity Manager, Indirect
Cree is seeking a Commodity Manager to join Cree’s Supply Chain team. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for supporting indirect procurement activities, such as Facilities, Services, and Travel. The individual in this position is responsible for the execution and delivery of optimal value when meeting business requirements in addition to managing relationships and supplier performance.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- High visibility in a $1.5+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Interact with internal customers to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Manage procurement process for services and facilities
- Collaborate with other departments of the organization to drive and lower total cost of ownership
- Build relationships with suppliers to position Cree as a preferred customer
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to ensure quality of service
- Manage supplier quality, cost, and delivery
- Effectively identify and manage cost savings opportunities
What you need for success:
- BS in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain related field
- 2-5+ years in strategic sourcing and purchasing
- Demonstrated experience working in a self-directed environment and managing relationships
- Energetic individual who can service a dynamic and exciting manufacturing and product line
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Responsive and good written and verbal communication skills
- Inquisitive nature, driving for improvement
- Self-motivator with a desire to take ownership and manage a piece of the business
Highly preferred skills:
- Experience working with facilities projects
- Capable of working cross functionally in a dynamic setting
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Experience developing and managing RFPs
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top