Cree is seeking a Buyer to join Cree’s Supply Chain team. The Buyer will be responsible for the management of Cree’s production raw materials for the LED Products Business unit. This person will be responsible for establishing master item records, driving MRP implementation, and execution of daily MRP tasks. This person will also be the primary liaison to the business unit supported to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained to meet the production demand schedule.
· Establish and maintain Oracle master item records for production raw material inventories
· Establish and maintain Oracle MRP attributes and reorder point variables that support production demand schedule
· Execute the system MRP – analyze order recommendations and order placement
· Work closely to adjust inventories with the business units to improve service level while controlling inventories to budget
· Work closely with Engineering and manufacturing to ensure the materials selected match the needs of the business in this dynamic purchasing/planning role
What you need for success:
· BS in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain related field
· Demonstrated experience working in a self-directed environment
· Energetic individual who can service a dynamic and exciting manufacturing and product line
· Excellent analytical skills
· Responsive and good written and verbal communication skills
· Strong Excel Skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
· 3 years of experience in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) in a high volume and high technology industry
· Master’s degree in business
· Capable of working cross functionally in a dynamic setting
· Certification as a supply chain professional
· Working knowledge of Oracle
· Experience working with international suppliers
· Technical background, specifically with reading and interpreting engineering drawings
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top