Cree is looking for a Supply Chain Planner to join our Consumer Lighting Products group, working with CREE’s manufacturing partners. Consumer Lighting is our fastest growing business unit. The qualified candidate will purchase and manage on-time delivery of all manufacturing partners items to support high volume needs of CREE Consumer Lighting products.
This position is in Durham, NC.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential upward mobility in a thriving organization and our fastest growing business unit.
- The excitement of working internationally with our Contract Manufacturers.
- Enable you to expand your knowledge in finding new sources of purchased materials and services.
- Grow your experience of CM management and high volume purchasing with us.
What can you do for Cree?
- Act as primary purchasing contact for select CM.
- Use your expertise in Oracle MRP weekly to manage purchases of electronic and mechanical assemblies from prototype sample quantities to millions of units per month. Purchases will also include associated tooling.
- Create purchase requisitions, get timely approvals and create Purchase Orders.
- Engage with the CMs weekly to review open order reports, production and shipping plans.
- Maintain POs with commit dates, push out or pull in the schedule to meet demand.
- Work with the Receiving Department and Accounts Payable to resolve A/P holds.
- Ensure that the item master record is up to date with price, MOQ and lead time.
- Assist CM to find best value suppliers.
- Conduct RFQs with suppliers, negotiate and implement cost reductions.
- Manage a master price file of BOM costs, drive monthly feed to CMs.
- Set up new suppliers and ordering items for New Product Introduction.
- Manage End of Life projects to minimize excess material costs
- Help to establish Continuous Improvement processes in sourcing operations.
What you need for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business or related field or 5+ years related buying experience using MRP systems.
- Excel user fluency – Formulas, Conditional formatting, VLOOKUP for Cross linked tables, Pivot Tables, Data charting.
- Experience with Electronics and Mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Experience with New Product Introduction and High Volume purchasing
- Ability to travel internationally 10% of the time (~1 weeks per quarter) on request.
Highly Preferred Skills and Certifications:
- Fluent in Mandarin/Cantonese
- Oracle Experience
- Detail oriented, motivated self-starter.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top