Cree is seeking a Buyer to join Cree’s Supply Chain team. The Buyer will be responsible for the management of Cree’s production raw materials for the LED Products Business unit. This person will be responsible for establishing master item records, driving MRP implementation, and execution of daily MRP tasks. This person will also be the primary liaison to the business unit supported to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained to meet the production demand schedule.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Establish and maintain Oracle master item records for production raw material inventories
- Establish and maintain Oracle MRP attributes and reorder point variables that support production demand schedule
- Execute the system MRP – analyze order recommendations and order placement
- Work closely to adjust inventories with the business units to improve service level while controlling inventories to budget
What you need for success:
- BS in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain related field
- 3 years of experience with Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Demonstrated experience working in a self-directed environment
- Energetic individual who can service a dynamic and exciting manufacturing and product line
- Excellent analytical skills
- Responsive and good written and verbal communication skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5 years of experience in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) in a high volume and high technology industry
- Capable of working cross functionally in a dynamic setting
- Certification as a supply chain professional
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Experience working with international suppliers
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top