Business Unit Controller
Commercial Lighting Controller
Cree is seeking a Commercial Lighting Controller to be a part of the Commercial Lighting finance leadership team. This position will lead and manage the Commercial Lighting finance team in its manufacturing and operational activities which includes cost accounting, budgeting, and related financial reporting responsibilities. The Controller will actively lead activities which help to identify, articulate and quantify relevant business growth opportunities, as well as ongoing business activities and cost reduction opportunities; fully assessing the cost benefit of each opportunity.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide business unit functional leaders analytical support for special projects and decisions (ie make vs buy Oversee the Finance manufacturing and operations team in the Commercial business unit, providing strategic and tactical oversight and analysis supporting critical business decisions.
- Provide overall leadership for platform inventory costing and analysis process including the assessment analysis of excess and obsolete reserves
- Provide guidance and support to Marketing and Engineering on New Product costing and pricing strategy and execution
- Work with Operations and set product cost reduction targets, proactively monitor product life cycle, and ensure timely achievement of new products cost reduction targets
- Deploy processes and capabilities which help to minimize inventory obsolescence, reduces manufacturing scrap, and strives to improve the health of the inventory portfolio
- Support in quantification and validation of long term strategy; establishing annual and qtrly financial targets
- Lead the annual AOP process for Operations
- Lead weekly and monthly financial reporting and analysis to the executive team to ensure business unit is on track for goals
- Provide business segment functional leaders analytical support for special projects and decisions (ie make vs buy decisions; participation in vendor RFPs, margin analysis for product/pricing decisions)
- Manage special projects and reporting functions
- Lead the Capital project and expense accumulation, analysis and reporting process for Operations and Engineering capital projects
- Evaluate new products or processes that need to be added to the budget
- Evaluate ROI (investment and cost benefits) associated with Value Engineering (VE) and Continues Improvement initiatives
- Analyzes department budgeted run rate by key spending category (Labor, Depreciation, Raw Consumption, R & M, Operating Expenses, etc.), which includes comparison to actual, prior plan, and judgment of reasonableness
- Manage monthly close process to ensure accurate recording of the financial statements and timely submittal of unit’s reports to Corporate Finance
- Provide ad hoc analysis and project work to operations and business management
- Conduct pre-forecast/AOP investigatory meetings with key member of functional management to solicit feedback and other pertinent information relevant to the financial plan
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance /Accounting, and Masters degree in finance / accounting (a plus)
- 7-10 years of financial accounting managerial experience and 20+ years’ total experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills (direct FP&A experience a plus)
- Ability to interact effectively with operations and business leaders at all levels
- Proven track record of project management and leadership experience
- Proven ability to lead process improvement initiatives
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- CPA Certification
- Experience with a Contract Manufacturing Model; Retail packaged goods
- Background in Public Accounting
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top