Automotive Components Development Engineering Manager
Cree - Automotive Components Development Engineering Manager
Cree is looking to add a hands-on Automotive Components Development Engineering Manager within our Components R&D group at our headquarters in Durham, NC.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop LED components for automotive lighting applications. You will manage and provide hands-on technical leadership of a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop, qualify, and transfer into production new LED-based lighting products and processes.
If you are someone who is self-motivated, loves a fast-paced environment and enjoys solving highly complex technical problems, then we encourage you to read through the next two sections which describe the type of experience and education we’re looking for.
- BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or related technical field
- 5 - 10 years of semiconductor or electronics package/product/process development preferred
- Automotive quality standards (ISO/TS 16949, Mil Spec, AEC-Q102, USCAR33 or similar quality standards) experience
- Automotive reliability testing experience
- In-depth understanding of packaging and/or semiconductor processes and equipment
- Understanding of LED driver design & electronics
- Experience with optical and/or thermal modeling
- Efficient use of data analysis tools such as JMP, Excel, and VBA
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel both domestic and international
- Willing and able to learn and perform as necessary all tasks related to automated and manual LED assembly processes (e.g., wire-bond, die attach, encapsulation, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic.
- Able to make individual contributions, but stay focused on the goals of the group
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules.
- Able to gather data and interpret results to support continuous process improvement
- Thrives in high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Able to both make and follow verbal and written work instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Willing and able to provide training to other Cree personnel where appropriate to improve over-all capabilities and knowledge
- Able to develop, test, and document workable procedures presented at a level suitable for the intended users
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top