Assistant Corporate Controller
Assistant Corporate Controller
Cree is seeking an Assistant Corporate Controller to serve as a key finance executive (reporting to the Corporate Controller) and is responsible for coordinating the consolidated internal and external financial reporting functions at Cree, including timely and accurate SEC filings on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. This position requires a strong technical accounting background in both U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations and serves as the primary point of contact for ensuring company-wide compliance with all technical accounting and financial reporting issues, including the implementation of new accounting standards.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Opportunity to work across business units, at all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1.5+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Directly supervise and continuously develop the following functions: SEC Reporting, Internal Reporting, Revenue Accounting, Technical Accounting and Research
- Ensure that the consolidated financial statements and monthly internal financial reporting package are complete, accurate and in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Manage the SEC reporting process including preparation of Form 10-Q’s and Form 10-K (and related XBRL exhibits) in accordance with SEC regulations
- Coordinate with Investor Relations and Legal on financial press releases and other 8-K filings
- Supervise the financial analysis of business and financial trends and provide decision support to executive management
- Identify and manage all technical accounting issues, including revenue recognition, foreign currency, business combinations, segments, and stock-based compensation
- Perform technical accounting research and draft memorandums on all emergent accounting issues
- Lead the corporate-wide implementation of all new accounting standards, including the implementation of ASC 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Coordinate M&A due diligence and related integration activities
- Coordinate financial statement audit and quarterly review process with Company’s external and internal auditors
- Ensure effective internal controls over financial reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
What you need for success:
- BS in Finance or Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Public Accounting experience for Big 4 or Large National firm required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting & Finance roles, including international and consolidations experience with a multi-national company
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supervising Accounting and Finance professionals
- Minimum of 3 years of experience dealing with SEC reporting matters including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and various other SEC related matters, such as responding to an SEC comment letter
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Background of managing process improvement projects
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MBA, MAC, MS in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top