Assembly Quality & Test Operator
Build a great career as an Assembly Quality & Test Operator helping to produce our RF electronics in one of our innovative RTP location. Candidates must have a great work ethic, passion to learn, and a desire to be part of a team built on integrity, honesty, and trust. Successful candidates will be expected to learn quickly, apply knowledge, and must meet the requirements below.
Location: Wolfspeed - Research Triangle Park (RTP)
Shifts: 12-hour nights
A career at Cree as an Assembly Quality & Test Operator offers:
- Full-time jobs! (this is NOT a temporary assignment)
- A new starting wage of $14 per hour!
- Shift differentials up to 10% on top of the starting base wage
- Pay day every other Friday based on standard work schedule that is comprised of 72 hours straight pay + 8 hours overtime
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health insurance benefits, employee stock purchase plan, paid vacation/paid holidays, 401(k), full-service fitness center, on-site café
- Safe work environment in a growing company and industry
- Predictable / Consistent work shifts
- Available voluntary overtime, pre-approved by your supervisor
- Internal promotion opportunities!
- Perform a variety of functions in the production of semiconductor devices
- Set-up, operate, load, and monitor specialized equipment to ensure quality product is produced
- Inspect and test products
- Perform data entry
- Assist in setting up workstations, following written or verbal process specifications in completing all assignments
- May be required to work in a clean room environment and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to eye protection, gloves and other department specific equipment
- Check and inspect results against predetermined tolerances
- Work a 12-hour night shift rotation unless business needs dictate a need for day shift availability
- Push and/or lift up to 50 pounds consistently
- Experience demonstrating mechanical and technical aptitude and/or utilizing fine motor skills; for example, working with large computerized equipment and machinery, assembly or reassembly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to read and write effectively
- Proven work history showing a strong work ethic and stability in previous positions
- Ability to multi-task and approach tasks with detail-oriented manner
- Must be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment (i.e. clean-room suit)
- Comfortable in working a clean room setting or in dirty and dusty conditions
- Ability to sit or stand for 12 hours at a time
- Ability to utilize both hands simultaneously
- Ability to work a “2-2-3” schedule, and demonstrate acceptable attendance
- Employee will work 2 consecutive shifts, followed by 2 days off, work 3 consecutive shifts, followed by 2 days off, work 2 consecutive shifts, followed by 3 days off in each two-week period.
- Flexibility to work night or day shift as required by business needs (shift assignments may change due to business needs)
- Comfortable working around chemicals
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to utilize both hands simultaneously to move product
- Basic computer and math skills
- High school diploma or equivalent/GED
- Able to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate to others in verbal and written form
- No vision restrictions; without appropriate corrective lenses
- Aptitude for handling repetitive tasks
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2 years vocational or technical college training or 2+ years on the job knowledge
- Prior military experience (within the last 10 years)
- Experience using a microscope is beneficial
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top