Assembler, LED Lighting - 3rd shift
Are you looking for a new career that will reward and challenge you at the same time, while offering a path to other responsibilities and skill growth?
We currently have immediate openings for Production Assemblers - 3rd shift - in our LED Lighting facility in Racine, WI.
A Career at Cree as an Assembler offers:
- A new starting wage of $13.50 per hour!
- Shift differential up to 8% on top of the starting base wage!
- Predictable and consistent work hours and shifts
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience to grow your internal value and skills
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health insurance benefits, 401(k), on-site gym
- Safe work environment in a growing company and industry
- Pay day every other Friday based on standard work schedule of 80 hours
- Available voluntary overtime, pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Internal promotion opportunities!
We are looking for individuals with a desire to learn and who bring a strong work ethic. We seek people who thrive as part of a team built on integrity, honest, and trust. Successful candidates will be expected to learn quickly, apply knowledge, and must meet the requirements below.
Operates tools and machinery to assemble and fasten LED lighting systems and products. Performing these duties with accuracy and efficiency are key requirements.
Shift / Hours:
- 11pm - 7AM
- 40 hours a week
- Sunday - Thursday work schedule
- Occasional mandatory overtime required depending on business needs, which can include both weekends and extended shift hours
- Voluntary overtime also available
- Performs product assembly and related activities for LED lighting fixtures and systems
- Uses hand tools and equipment or machinery effectively according to standards
- Interpret and follow work instructions to ensure product quality and efficient production work flow
- Works as an integral part of a team for a specified product line
- Ability to understand production volume & quality and contributes to team or production line goals and timelines
- Performs verification of picked materials against the work order bill of materials
- Perform product testing and quality verification.
- May also performs product labeling, date coding, and packaging duties.
- Completes all necessary work order documentation.
- Effectively communicates concerns and issues to Supervisor and participates in problem resolution.
- Acts responsibly to provide a safe work environment for all employees.
- Produces quality products that meet requirements of engineering, certification agency, and customer orders.
- Completes daily entry of personal or team productivity data.
- Contributes to team & shift productivity by personally following attendance guidelines and other department and company policies.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to stand up for an entire 8 hour shift
- Ability to lift 25 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to sit, kneel, climb and squat
- Ability to read, write, count, and perform basic math accurately
- Ability to learn to operate hand and pneumatic assembly tools
- Ability to read and understand a production work order
- Able to learn to accurately assemble, code, test, label and pack product
- Effectively contribute to end results as part of a team
- Flexibility to occasionally work mandatory overtime to meet production goals
- GED, High School, or equivalent education is highly preferred
- 6-months of similar manufacturing experience preferred
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top