As part of the Lighting Sales group, the Lighting Applications Specialist performs a mixture of design, pre-sales and post-sales customer support responsibilities. In this role you will design and recommend the installation of appropriate lighting equipment and systems, create lighting site plans and 3D models, use local building code requirements to perform energy calculations, and also interact directly with customers. You will be part of a team, while applying project management skills to drive your own projects to completion.
If what you have read so far is interesting to you, please continue reading below for some additional Application Specialist
- Study lighting requirements of client to determine lighting equipment and arrangement of fixtures that will provide optimum illumination with economy of installation and operation.
- Design layouts with the appropriate type, number, and arrangement of fixtures for required light intensity and output. Recommendations are made within the customer’s specifications, electrical and municipal codes, energy limitations, and bid/budget requirements. Provides designs verbally or through computer assisted lighting layouts.
- Respond to both internal and external customer questions regarding products.
- Occasionally promote products and represent company at trade shows.
- Accurately document and maintain information pertinent to customer projects.
- Use your knowledge to visualize and interpret blueprints and rough line drawings and utilize measuring scales.
- Associates Degree (A.S.) in technical field such as Engineering or Mathematics.
- Zero to two years experience in a related role or field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to operate computer assisted lighting software (AGI).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and provide detailed project analysis.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Key words for search: Drafting, Drafter, Computer Drafting, Design, CAD, CAD Operator, AutoCAD, AGI, SolidWorks, Revit, 3D, blueprints, schematics, drawings, graphic design, mechanical design
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top