Applications Engineer - Bid Support, LED Lighting
Are you inspired by fast decision-making, constant innovation, and passionate people? How about a "startup' culture with the resources of a one billion-dollar, 20+ year-old, company?
Cree is a fast growing semiconductor company that is driving the LED lighting revolution. We are a market leading innovator of LED chips, components, modules, and fixtures as well as transistors for wireless and power applications. We do not accept the status quo. We innovate and pioneer. We invent barrier-breaking technology with no compromises.
Cree brings the most groundbreaking products to market and sets the industry standards through our commitment to innovation. If you like being first to market with the highest quality products, keep reading...
We currently have an opening for a Applications Engineer and Tender Support Manager, UK and Nordic Region within our Cree LED Lighting group. This position will be based at the new London office in either the Liverpool Street Station area of central London, or in Hertford, North London.
The primary focus of this position is to provide all aspects of technical support to the UK and Nordic sales team to develop and manage the Cree Lighting revenue stream in the assigned region. Responsibility will include the management of bids and tender submissions in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) from customers, design of Lighting schemes for all projects and general technical support both pre and post order.
- Responsible for managing bids and tenders in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) from existing or prospective clients for projects
- Orchestration and creation of the solution and the company’s proposal ensuring compliance with customer requirements and highlighting company value proposition
- Ensure the smooth running of the bid for a project within the correct time and financial parameters, and manage the relationship with the client
- Works with company board directors, C-level management i.e. CEO, CFO to bring and deliver strategic approaches to win bids
- To work closely with all of members of the company core team to obtain the required information for the bid and to bring in subject matter experts when required to support the bid
- For major projects to produce the lighting concept and design how the concept can be implemented utilizing the company’s product portfolio and demonstrating to the client the superior performance of the Cree range of fixtures
- Working with the Regional Sales Manager to present the lighting design in order to lead to the specification and order for the scheme proposed
- To act as the first line of contact with the customers in the region on all technical enquiries and questions
- To manage the after sales quality issues through the company’s RMA process
- Must be self-motivate and able to independently manage various activities with minimal supervision
- Establish strong business relationships with key end user and specification customers
- Effectively communicate/present the Cree Lighting Value Proposition and leverage it to create a competitive advantage
- Provide competitive market information to management to help drive the direction of product marketing and development
- Propose new product opportunities to business development teams based on customer needs, timing, and compliance with Cree Lighting core competencies, competitive intensity and general segment attractiveness
- Support local and national trade shows as needed
- Work with other managers and marketing personnel across the Lighting business unit to continuously upgrade the customer solutions process
- Support the RSM to meet and exceed Cree Lighting revenue targets
- Works with the RSM's to meet or exceed sales quotas consistently
- Submits bids, tenders and quotations in line with the regional sales quotas
- Wins bids, tenders and submissions in line with the target hit rate objectives for the sales region
- Maintains detailed project records on an on-going basis, and provides additional written details on important customer developments or feedback by request. This includes providing weekly updates on projects-to-quota and market activities and the use ofthe SFDC CRM program
- Participates professionally and freely with Cree Lighting senior management on the business development and planning process. Available to participate in key planning discussions.
- Excellent presentation and written communications skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers' managerial and sales teams
- Self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Sound technical aptitude
- Driver license
- Personal availability to intense traveling
- College degree required or equivalent business experience
- 5-8 years general experience in the lighting fixtures industry, with a minimum of 3 years experience working with end users, specifiers. main contractors
- Computer skills — Dialux, Relux, AG132, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Internet Research
- Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
- 5+ years of lighting engineering, bid management or contract management experience in the lighting industry
- Demonstrated history of key account sales/business development success
- Selling of total business solutions to C level end user customers
- Business, technical or marketing degree preferred
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top