As an Application Engineer you will be responsible for doing reference designs (AC/DC, DC/DC converters) using SiC devices under supervision of senior engineer, and for pre- and post-sales technical support for both existing and new customers for various applications. A successful candidate will have a strong technical skills of designing high frequency power converters and clear communication with customers in technical product specifications, product selection, system design, reliability, quality. This position requires interaction with customers at all levels of system design/development, components, quality engineering.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to work with leading edge technology enabling customer to develop new products.
- Opportunity to have direct impact on business, and lead company direction to achieve success/maximize results.
- Opportunity to work with talented world class scientists and engineers.
- Competitive salary and benefit.
What can you do for Cree?
- Design, develop, document and distribute reference and demonstration platforms for SiC Power product target applications
- Assist customer design engineers to successfully incorporate Wolfspeed Silicon Carbide power components in their products. Provide remote and on-site customer support
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support for Cree direct sales and distributors through customer presentations and product demonstrations
- Answer technical inquiries from existing and prospective customers with proper documentation and timely feedback/analysis
- Develop and present materials at technical seminars, tradeshows and distributor training
- Support new product launches, including training for Cree sales engineers and regional channel partners
What you need for success:
- A passion for power systems, power devices, providing world-class technical support to customers and growing Cree’s SiC Power Business
- At least 5 years’ experience with BS degree, 3 years’ experience with MS degree, or new PhD in Power electronics
- Solid understanding of power circuit topologies, and circuit designing skills
- Understanding of layout, EMI/EMC issue in switching power supply
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel overseas - up to 20% of the time
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- PhD Degree in Electrical engineering
- Prior experience in switching power supply design
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top