Cree is seeking a Accounting Manager to oversee the Payroll shared service function and be responsible for the production of high-quality payroll for over 3,500 employees for multiple locations in the United States and approximately 100 international employees in various countries throughout the world. The person in this position must be a team player who is a strong leader with a commitment to improve systems and processes to ensure timely and accurate payroll outputs.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide a high visibility role focusing on transformational leadership
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Provide career growth opportunities within a thriving organization
What can you do for Cree?
- Coordinate the processing of payroll for all U.S. employees utilizing the various software packages (e.g., ADP and Kronos)
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll, including: base pay, overtime, shift differentials, equity awards, bonuses, payroll taxes, deductions and garnishments in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Responsible for timely and accurate information included on payroll-related reporting, such as W-2’s, tax filings, general ledger reporting, and other internal and external reporting
- Responsible for recording all payroll related journal entries in the general ledger on a monthly basis, as well as reconciling payroll-related accounts
- Provide hands-on management and oversight of the payroll team members to encourage ongoing skills development and training
- Ensure that payroll related internal controls are in-place and operating effectively
- Identify opportunities to improve payroll operations and systems and effectively communicate a business case to members of senior management to support future investments
- Lead cross-functional project teams (HR, IT, outside vendors) to drive successful delivery of process improvements in the process flows to and from the payroll department
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate payroll systems, including leading system implementations and upgrades with effective change management controls
- Manage external vendors to ensure accurate tax filing and reporting for U.S. expats and inpats
- Maintain positive working relationships with external payroll vendors and internal partners to achieve high quality results
- Serve as the primary point of contact during the annual workers compensation audit
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and strategic planning to support the Company’s future strategic priorities
What you need for success:
- BS/BA degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, HR or Information Systems
- 10+ years payroll experience (manufacturing experience highly desired) with prior management experience required
- Prior experience with ADP Payforce and/or Kronos payroll and time-keeping systems
- Customer service oriented individual with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of large corporate Payroll/HR systems (Oracle, Kronos and ADP Payforce software)
- Significant knowledge of payroll regulations and requirements including, Fair Labor Standards, multi-state taxation, workers compensation, and employee benefits, etc
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Payroll Professional
- Public Accounting experience preferred
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top