2nd Shift Receiving Team Member
SUMMARY Prioritizes, distributes, and prepares materials and products for shipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Distributes and prepares materials and products for shipment.
- Reads shipping order, or requisitions to determine and prioritize items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Pulls customer orders from stock and conveys orders to shipping department through use of forklift or cart. Verifies that products picked match shipping order and completes necessary documentation.
- Consolidates, packages, and/or palletizes products. Labels containers and poles with identifying information. Records weights and/or amounts of materials shipped for inventory purposes.
- Stages product on shipping docks or UPS system and loads UPS, customer, or carrier trucks.
- Uses drill press to drill poles according to customer specifications.
- Loads and off-loads container shipments and painted poles.
- Uses computer and Locator System to enter records; operates UPS manifest system.
- May assist will-call customers.
- Follows established safety programs and maintains knowledge of safe working practices.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education (GED)
One year experience
Ability to operate hand held computer system and single spindle drill press.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top