VP of Engineering, UK
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma UK is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented, technically confident Vice President of Engineering. Your role will be to own and lead our continued scaling in the U.K., and drive key decisions along the way that will influence our entire engineering organisation.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do
- Leads the vision, strategy and direction of Credit Karma's International Engineering function.
- Participate heavily in Credit Karma's engineering leadership team: help set business strategy, represent product engineering, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Grow and expand your expert team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that product engineering, security, and analytics
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is passionate, empathetic, and collaborative
- Lead strong partnerships with Credit Karma’s product management, engineering, design, and marketing teams
What's Great About It
- You’ll have a leading role in achieving a great mission: helping people reach their financial goals
- You’ll learn a lot and share a lot- we care about the art of engineering leadership
- You’ll face technically rewarding challenges abound such as scalability, data science, and high quality user experience backed by complex business logic
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
Experience We're Looking For
- At least 10 years in Engineering and Engineering Leadership
- Strong leader who has managed, hired and grown engineering teams of 50+ team members
- Experience working within a global company
- Academic background in a technology or science-related field
- Experience with support product teams in a consumer tech industry
- Willingness to lead initiatives and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organisation
- Strong communication skills with engineers as well as your non-technical colleagues
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment
- Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to UKemail@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top