Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is building a full-scale financial platform to champion financial progress by helping our 100M+ members improve their credit, pay off debt and plan for the future. The Credit Karma Money team is a fundamental piece to achieving that vision. We want to change consumers' relationship with money, to help them spend wisely, save for the future and build wealth. With the launch of high yield savings last year and checking/debit this year, we are well on our way to achieving this vision of helping our members throughout their financial journey.
Reporting to the GM of the Money business unit, the Vice President of Product, Money, will be responsible for the strategic vision, design and execution across all products in the Money portfolio, integrating into the broader Credit Karma ecosystem. S/he will work closely with the CEO, GM and other executive leaders at Credit Karma to execute on business goals & at the same time help our members reach their financial goals through automation and personalized insights.
This role is critical to drive growth of one of Credit Karma's most strategic businesses. In this role s/he will lead and mentor a team of product managers, innovating on our current checking, and savings products and investing in new product areas for Money. This is a cross-functional leadership role requiring high EQ and partnership across all Credit Karma functions including engineering, marketing , partnerships, trust and safety, legal and member support.
What you'll do:
- Connect the Credit Karma mission to the product strategy & vision based on the fundamental sources of value for all ecosystem players. Play the long game - execute and differentiate on the basis of product features that our members value and love
- Communicate important concepts, strategy, statuses to senior leaders and be able to change beliefs and operating patterns, while balancing the many matrixed influencers and decision-makers
- Identify the key goals of the product, associated metrics, including tracking and counter metrics, and map the product strategy and associated deliverables to these goals to measure success. Actively monitor these metrics to understand sources of both success and failure relative to the goals set to iterate further
- Plan and execute on a multi-quarter roadmap based on a strong north star product vision, maximizing business impact with every milestone as well as time to market. Account for both internal and external impact when making product decisions, portfolio investments, and driving strategic tradeoffs for all associated xfn teams accordingly
- Build a strong product team culture that encourages hypothesis driven experimentation, so we learn what works to reach our members and create organic levers for our business
- Lead, mentor and participate in growing the rest of the product community at Credit Karma to be a world-class org
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Technical background (degree or work experience)
- Proven execution against large performance targets, in addition to, success reporting and delivering on key operational and product development metrics
- Proven quantitative, statistical and analytical, and technical skills with the ability to use insights to make data-driven decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit, grit, and ability to get things done. Track record of shipping multiple complex consumer products with broad reach and measurable impact
- Creative product thinker with strong consumer product sense. Can partner closely with design to craft simple and delightful experiences, even in the face of complex constraints and requirements
- High ownership mentality with a strong willingness to roll up your sleeves while also being able to delegate effectively and lean on others
- History of building strong product cultures and championing the product management organization
- Optimistic, humble and energizing/motivating with high E.Q.
- BS in business, computer science, information technology or related engineering field preferred, but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: