Test Engineer (Full-Stack), Venice, CA
Credit Karma is looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Test Engineer at Credit Karma you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our Web, Native and Service platform releases, within one of our exciting product verticals. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long term vision of quality features for our members.
You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career with both manual and automated testing. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
What Will You Do?
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release life changing products.
- Design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, automated, etc.).
- Help ensure your vertical's releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
- Awe your team by uncovering, or better yet preventing corner case defects.
What's Great About It?
- You'll be able to use your amazing full stack (Front-end, API, backend/SQL) testing skills and experience to help us build better products.
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people improve their finances.
- You’ll learn a lot; and we value continued learning and development.
- You'll have the ability to introduce new tools and frameworks to your team.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What Do We Expect?
- Several years of Web/Native QA experience or experience in a similar role.
- Strong foundation in usability, security and risk based testing strategies.
- Bonus points for experience with Android/iOS development environments, Scala, Go, Thrift, or GraphQL.
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas.
- Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills.
- Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them even better.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fun agile environment.
More information about engineering life at Credit Karma can be found here: https://www.creditkarma.com/careers
Back to top