Test Engineer - Culver City, CA
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Test Engineer at Credit Karma’s Culver City office, you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our Web and Service platform releases, specifically for our Autos team. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Team Members in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career with both manual and automated testing.
This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
What Will You Do?
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release life changing products.
- Design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, automated, etc.).
- Help ensure your vertical's releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
- Awe your team by uncovering, or better yet preventing corner case defects.
What's Great About It?
- You'll be able to use your amazing full stack (Front-end, API, backend/SQL) testing skills and experience to help us build better products.
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people improve their finances.
- You’ll learn a lot; and we value continued learning and development.
- You'll have the ability to introduce new tools and frameworks to your team.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What Do We Expect?
- Several years of hands on experience testing across application layers of Mobile and Web Applications.
- Strong foundation in usability, security and risk based testing strategies.
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (E.g. Java, Ruby, Python, SQL).
- Experience with industry frameworks/tooling (E.g. Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Rspec, Applitools, Junit/TestNg).
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas.
- Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills; explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them even better.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
Back to top