Test Engineer (Automation)
Credit Karma is looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. In this role you will be focusing primarily on automation strategy, proactively assessing and mitigating quality risks within one of our exciting product verticals. You will be partnering with a cross functional team, solving big quality challenges and helping our more than 80 million members make financial progress.
You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career focusing on building resilient automation frameworks to ensure that we always put quality first. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
What Will You Do?
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers and fellow quality engineers to influence better software design and overall testability.
- Design and implement risk based automation frameworks and tooling to meet the quality needs of your vertical.
- Not only will you identify what to automate, but also where and when. It’s more important to pick the right tool for the job than to automate everything.
- Ensure releases adhere to deadlines while retaining quality with CI/CD practices.
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
- Awe your team by uncovering, or better yet preventing corner case defects.
What's Great About It?
- You'll be able to use your amazing programming and testing skills to help us build better products
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission: helping people improve their finances.
- You’ll learn a lot; we value continued learning and development.
- You'll have the ability to introduce new tools and frameworks to your team.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What Do We Expect?
- Several years of experience building and maintaining automation frameworks in a CI/CD environment.
- Strong experience with Pageobjects, Ruby, Selenium, Appium, SQL or similar tools and a proven ability to learn new ones.
- Experience testing the full tech stack of products: the front end, APIs and the backend.
- Experienced with Unix, GIT, CircleCI/Jenkins and health monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk, New Relic, Anodot).
- Foundations in usability, security and risk based testing strategies.
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas.
- Skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
More information about engineering life at Credit Karma can be found here: https://www.creditkarma.com/careers
Back to top