Technical Program Manager
Credit Karma is looking for a Technical Program Manager who has a strong background in working with software engineering teams and leadership experience in a hyper-growth environment.
You will be responsible for providing the day-to-day support required to fully support cross-functional teams. As a leader within engineering, you will be focusing on aligning cross-functional stakeholders on goals and projects, establishing clear communication channels, and driving the team towards milestones and deadlines.
We need a proactive thought leader with the ability to make impactful continuous improvements to team processes and execution, not just a project order taker, scheduler, and status reporter. You’ll work closely with our teams to drive dialog in order to create a high level of teamwork; thus bringing together functions such as Product, Design, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Security, Legal, Analytics, Business Development, Marketing and anyone else needed to deliver successful programs.
What the job entails?
- Provide leadership and coordination to Engineering programs that span multiple teams and departments.
- Ensure that there are appropriate resources to jumpstart and execute your programs successfully and ensure the team works together to create clear objectives.
- Create a detailed project plans with engineering and cross-functional teams to align on milestones, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Own and swiftly break down impediments that prevent projects things from moving forward.
- Increase collaboration and improve visibility into the statuses of cross-team dependencies.
- Identify and communicate risk in projects early so that mitigation steps can be taken.
- Drive more efficiency across teams by proactively identifying new processes or improvements to existing processes.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to implement team practices to help shape a scalable culture and process.
Our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of experience working with Engineering teams in a technology company setting.
- Hyper-growth or scrappy company experience; Can work in low structure environments.
- Able to discuss examples of driving a project involving multiple cross-functional stakeholders from conception to delivery.
- Has a strong point of view on what value Program Management provides, and how to structure a program in an environment that may not have a clear structure already.
- Solid understanding of Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and scaled Agile principles and practices.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, open to change, and thrives in fast-paced and fluid environments.
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication, presentation, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Highly proactive, self-starting, collaborative, and influential in making progress across multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo positively with the intention of doing what’s right for the stakeholders and company at large and able to implement changes collaboratively and effectively.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build relationships with senior-level leaders and day-to-day contacts alike.
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field in order to understand the processes and project dependencies when working with our engineering teams. Equivalent job experience is acceptable as well.
Back to top