Technical Program Manager
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is looking for a Technical Program Manager who has a strong background in working with software engineering teams and leadership experience in a hyper-growth environment.
You will be responsible for providing the day-to-day support required to fully support cross-functional teams. As a leader within engineering, you will be focusing on aligning cross-functional stakeholders on goals and projects, establishing clear communication channels, and driving the team towards milestones and deadlines.
We need a proactive thought leader with the ability to make impactful continuous improvements to team processes and execution, not just a project order taker, scheduler, and status reporter. You’ll work closely with our teams to drive dialog in order to create a high level of teamwork; thus bringing together functions such as Product, Design, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Security, Legal, Analytics, Business Development, Marketing and anyone else needed to deliver successful programs.
What the job entails?
- Provide leadership and coordination to Engineering programs that span multiple teams and departments.
- Ensure that there are appropriate resources to jumpstart and execute your programs successfully and ensure the team works together to create clear objectives.
- Create a detailed project plans with engineering and cross-functional teams to align on milestones, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Own and swiftly break down impediments that prevent projects things from moving forward.
- Increase collaboration and improve visibility into the statuses of cross-team dependencies.
- Identify and communicate risk in projects early so that mitigation steps can be taken.
- Drive more efficiency across teams by proactively identifying new processes or improvements to existing processes.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to implement team practices to help shape a scalable culture and process.
Our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of experience working with Engineering teams in a technology company setting.
- Hyper-growth or scrappy company experience; Can work in low structure environments.
- Able to discuss examples of driving a project involving multiple cross-functional stakeholders from conception to delivery.
- Has a strong point of view on what value Program Management provides, and how to structure a program in an environment that may not have a clear structure already.
- Solid understanding of Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and scaled Agile principles and practices.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, open to change, and thrives in fast-paced and fluid environments.
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication, presentation, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Highly proactive, self-starting, collaborative, and influential in making progress across multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo positively with the intention of doing what’s right for the stakeholders and company at large and able to implement changes collaboratively and effectively.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build relationships with senior-level leaders and day-to-day contacts alike.
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field in order to understand the processes and project dependencies when working with our engineering teams. Equivalent job experience is acceptable as well.
Back to top